Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Feeding One's Appetite for Codependency

I have given so much of myself the past few weeks that I didn't realize the stress on my plate began to get really hard to swallow. The worst part of it is that everything I did to create that stress were things I did for others, not even my own kids. Is it necessary to hurt others you love in order to feed one's appetite for codependency? I was so stressed that everything that had been silently irritating me about my kids came spewing out of my ugly mouth uncontrollably. It was easy, because after all, I don't need THEM to feed my codependency. They already know me and love me all the same. Then I thought, what kind of healthy, non codependent things that I could do for my kids without expectations of receiving good feelings about myself in return? How can I use this as a tool to help me deal with others that aren't so close to me? 


Sincerely saying "I love you" and "I am sorry, I made a big mistake"... instead of buying them gifts or trying to make up for lost time by doing something for them. 


Please let me know if anyone has any other ideas. Let's help each other if we can find a moment in our crazy day!