Friday, December 11, 2015

Merry Christmas To Rome

Yes! The fact That I paid $10 for a bone for a dog I really don't enjoy(ok, maybe a tiny) proves something that will be helpful to understanding this story!

First off... I do not understand why someone would deprive their child of anything that could enrich his life, besides selfishness. A Father that wants to be part of his child's life and taking responsibility is rare, in my opinion. Secondly, what happens when that same father was taken advantage of at 16.... and she is still doing it two years later? As a foster parent, our family has always supported biological relationships even when it didn't seem like the right thing to do in our hearts. Here is the thing though, it's not about our hearts, it's about the child. In my son in law's case, If it was truly about the child... Lopez, himself was also a child. He was taken advantage of by his baby's mother. He was 16 and she was 22 when their son was conceived! I seriously can't be the only person on the planet that sees the injustice or criminality of this. The fact is, this is rape no matter how you spin it. If I were Lopez's parent, she would be charged, if not for any other reason, but to have some small justice for her son. Normally I would think that separating a baby from his mother might not be in the best interests of her child, but in this case it truly is because she also has a previous conviction of injury to her other child (public record). 

Lopez's attorney counseled him to seek his own paternity test to submit to the court, before he had to put in for a court order just to save some money on the baby's mother's end of things. It's not officially court ordered at this point, but needed. Keep in mind, he is suing his baby's mother for full custody. #itwouldhavebeenhelpfultoknow that one can simply purchase a paternity kit at a pharmacy for around $20 plus an $80 lab fee. What is so crazy? I am a former healthcare provider that worked in a lab. I am also spearheading a paternal rights campaign for my son in law and I sincerely had no idea that one could buy a paternity kit at Walgreens and have the report back in less than 2 days! If not for any other reason but piece of mind!

It's been 70 days since Lopez has seen his son, because his baby's mother is... well, selfish. If you think I am being harsh, guess what she said to submitting her son, "voluntarily" to a paternity test?

Yikes! Lopez's baby hasn't seen his father in 70 of the most important, informative days in his life, his baby's mother should care about that! feel bad for her son, I feel bad for Lopez, I feel really bad for her, whom happens to be the one standing on that horribly wobbly, unstable pedestal. Wobbly indeed, only one probation violation could blow her right over all because she has effectively built this on the back of her very own son, and his father!

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest! Ok, I will admit, the $10 bone had nothing to do with this, Merry Christmas & enjoy your bone, Rome!

I